Iridium offers Global pre-paid SIMs that will work anywhere in the world, as well as several discounted regional plans including Canada / Alaska (Northern Lights), Middle East / North Africa (MENA), Africa and Latin America.
All Iridium prepaid plans include:
|VOICE CALLS||TEXT MESSAGING||VOICEMAIL||CALL FORWARDING||CALL WAITING||CALL DISPLAY|
Top reasons to choose Iridium Prepaid
- Iridium is the most reliable satellite phone network with 100% global coverage
- No long term commitment, credit check or monthly bill
- Automatic top-up options using your credit card
- Manage your plan directly from your account 24/7. Add features, view your account balance, check expiry date and more
Iridium Satellite Phone Prepaid Plans
Global Prepaid SIM Cards
Iridium standard Global prepaid plans range from 100 to 4,000 minutes and have validity periods from 30 days to 2 years. The minutes in these plans cover voice calls to landlines and mobile numbers globally.
Iridium allows customers to extend the validity of their existing prepaid minutes for an additional fee on most global plans. This could be beneficial for users who still had minutes left but were close to the expiration date.
Regional Prepaid SIM Cards
Iridium also offers prepaid cards that were valid for specific regions, often at a discounted per-minute rate compared to global cards. However, these cards could only be used within the designated region. Examples of such regions might include Middle East + Africa or Latin America.
The Iridium Northern Lights plan comes in 200 and 500 minute options valid for 6 or 12 months respectively and can be used anywhere in Canada and Alaska plus 12 nautical miles off shore. It is the most popular and economical Iridium plan for users in Canada or Alaska.
Middle East / Africa
The newly combined Iridium Middle East and Africa prepaid plan offers a discounted rate in Afghanistan, Cyprus, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Turkiye, UAE and most of the African continent.
The Iridium Latin America prepaid sim card is available in a 200 minute, 6 month option as well as the new 500 minute, 12 month plan. Coverage includes Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uraguay & Venezuela.
Users could recharge their prepaid balance with various vouchers, adding more minutes or extending the validity of their current minutes.
Prepaid plans from Iridium came with several features:
- Calls from an Iridium phone to other Iridium phones are generally cheaper per minute than calls to landlines or other networks.
- Voicemail and incoming calls were typically included.
- Some services, such as data transmission or calls to other satellite networks, might be charged at a higher rate.
These SIM cards will work with any current and legacy Iridium satellite phones.
It's important to note that satellite calls, in general, can be more expensive than traditional cellular calls due to the infrastructure involved.
Compare Iridium Prepaid Plans
|PLAN||GLOBAL||NORTHERN LIGHTS||MIDDLE EAST / AFRICA||LATIN AMERICA|
|USE AREA||100% GLOBAL||CANADA + ALASKA||MIDDLE EAST + AFRICA||SOUTH + CENTRAL AMERICA|
|VALIDITY||30 DAYS TO 2 YEARS||6 OR 12 MONTHS||12 MONTHS||6 OR 12 MONTHS|
|PLAN PRICE||US$199 - US$3450||US$345 - US$690||US$425||US$310 - US$550|
|INCLUDED MINUTES||100 TO 4000||200 OR 500||500||200 OR 500|
|COST PER MINUTE||US$0.86 - US$3.25||US$1.38 - US$1.73||US$0.85||US$1.10 - US$1.55|
|CALL TYPE||GLOBAL||NORTHERN LIGHTS||MIDDLE EAST / AFRICA||LATIN AMERICA|
|VOICE / DATA TO PSTN||60 UNITS||48 UNITS||24 UNITS||60 UNITS|
|IRIDIUM TO IRIDIUM VOICE||30 UNITS||18 UNITS||18 UNITS||30 UNITS|
|IRIDIUM TO OTHER SAT||540 UNITS||324 UNITS||324 UNITS||810 UNITS|
|IRIDIUM DATA||60 UNITS||36 UNITS||24 UNITS||30 UNITS|
|DIRECT INTERNET OR DIAL-UP||60 UNITS||36 UNITS||24 UNITS||60 UNITS|
|2 STAGE +||60 UNITS||36 UNITS||36 UNITS||60 UNITS|
|VOICEMAIL RETRIEVAL||30 UNITS||18 UNITS||18 UNITS||30 UNITS|
|SMS MO||6 UNITS||12 UNITS||12 UNITS||30 UNITS|
Anywhere to EVERYWHERE Use your Iridium SIM card to access reliable, secure, real-time voice and data services everywhere on the planet. Iridium is the world's only truly global mobile communications company.
1. All calls are billed in 20 second increments.
2. Adding minutes to a plan extends expiration date according to original voucher expiration date (minutes roll over).
3.When a SIM card runs out of validity, it goes to an expired state, all credit (minutes) is lost, and there is a 270 day grace period to add a new voucher before the sim card is deactivated.
4. Lost or damaged SIM cards can have unused minutes transferred to a new SIM card (US$125 fee).
5. Prices do not include any applicable taxes.
6. 30-Day voucher only extends the expiration date of an existing voucher.
7. 50-minute voucher is a top-up voucher that may only be added to an existing 4000, 600 or 100 minute voucher. It is not a stand-alone voucher.
8. For 100, 200 and 600 vouchers, minutes will expire 3 years from the day the voucher was applied. For 4000 minute vouchers, minutes will expire 4 years from the day the voucher was applied.
9. Maximum validity allowed is 24 months.