Iridium subscriptions or post paid plans work with all Iridium satellite phones, including the Iridium GO!, Iridium 9575 Extreme, Iridium 9555, Iridium 9505A, Iridium 9505 and the Iridium 9500. Iridium postpaid plans offer the convenience of Iridium's reliable, everywhere voice and data communications without the need to be concerned about a prepaid account expiring or having a low balance.
Iridium Satellite Phone Post Paid Monthly Plans
Compare Iridium Phone Postpaid Plans
|PLAN||SEASONAL 10||STARTER 25||ADVANCE 100||POWER 250||EXTREME 500|
|SUBSCRIPTION||US$65.00 / MONTH||US$80.00 / MONTH||US$90.00 / MONTH||US$120.00 / MONTH||US$165.00 / MONTH|
|MINIMUM TERM||6 MONTHS||6 MONTHS||6 MONTHS||6 MONTHS||6 MONTHS|
|EARLY TERMINATION FEE||US$195.00||US$240.00||US$270.00||US$360.00||US$495.00|
|POOLED MINUTE SURCHARGE||N/A||10%||10%||10%||10%|
|UNLIMITED IRIDIUM TO IRIDIUM CALLS||US$35.00 / MONTH||US$35.00 / MONTH||US$35.00 / MONTH||US$35.00 / MONTH||US$35.00 / MONTH|
|US LOCAL NUMBER||US$9.95 / MONTH||US$9.95 / MONTH||US$9.95 / MONTH||US$9.95 / MONTH||US$9.95 / MONTH|
|CALLS TO LANDLINE AND MOBILE||US$0.99 / MINUTE||US$0.99 / MINUTE||US$0.99 / MINUTE||US$0.99 / MINUTE||US$0.99 / MINUTE|
|DATA / FAX /VOICEMAIL / RUDICS||US$0.99 / MINUTE||US$0.99 / MINUTE||US$0.99 / MINUTE||US$0.99 / MINUTE||US$0.99 / MINUTE|
|OTHER SATELLITE NETWORKS||US$12.95 / MINUTE||US$12.95 / MINUTE||US$12.95 / MINUTE||US$12.95 / MINUTE||US$12.95 / MINUTE|
|US LOCAL NUMBER||US$1.29 / MINUTE||US$1.29 / MINUTE||US$1.29 / MINUTE||US$1.29 / MINUTE||US$1.29 / MINUTE|
|2 STAGE DIALLING||US$1.59 / MINUTE||US$1.59 / MINUTE||US$1.59 / MINUTE||US$1.59 / MINUTE||US$1.59 / MINUTE|
|SMS||US$0.25 / MESSAGE||US$0.25 / MESSAGE||US$0.25 / MESSAGE||US$0.25 / MESSAGE||US$0.25 / MESSAGE|
- The Starter and Seasonal plans are for new connections only, these plans are not available for migration or package change from any 2022 plans.
- The Advance, Power and Extreme plans are available for migration or package change from any 2022 plans.
- Package changes between the Starter, Seasonal, Advance, Power and Extreme plans are permitted upon completion of minimum term.
- An Early Termination Fee (ETF) will apply if the service is reactivated / downgraded or upgraded before completing the minimum term.
- Calls are included in the allowance: Voice = Fixed (PSTN / Cellular), Iridium including voicemail, SMS = Mobile Originated
- There is no rollover of un-used minutes or SMS
- Any changes to plans (including moving SIMs to Monthly Pool) will result in new minimum term. SIM can only be moved into a Monthly Pool in line with the billing period.
Pooled Minutes or Dynamic Group Sharing (DSG)
- Some plans are able to be included in a Dynamic Shared Group
- DSG is for voice service only. SMS are not included, they stay as a single SIM allowance, and are charged as overage once the allowance has been consumed.
- All DSG are billed by calendar month
- Monthly Charge / Allowance for a Dynamic Shared Group = Monthly Allowance per SIM multiplied by Number of SIMs in the DSG.
- A 10% premium applies to the monthly subscription and overage charges.
- A DSG has to be approved by Iridium. Please allow 5 business days to complete the process.
- All SIMs in a DSG need to be on the same Plan.
- A DSG can be created once there are 5 active connections. If the number of SIMs drops below 5 at any time, the monthly charge will be for the equivalent of the minimum 5 SIMs. However, the Allowance will be based on the actual number of SIMs multiplied by the Monthly Allowance per SIM. Overage will apply once the allowance has been consumed.
- Addition and removal of a SIM in a DSG can only take place at the start of a billing perior (month).
- Services activated mid month will be billed as a standard plan and will be added to the DSG in line witht the bill run. No ETF or new minimum period will apply.
- There is no rollover of unused minutes.
- The minimum term of a DSG is 12 months, the Early Termination Fee is equal to the Monthly Subscription multiplied by 5 (Minimum number of SIMs in the DSG).
- Each SIM card has the standard ETF SIM card rules, as per the Minimum Term above. After the Minimum Term is completed they can be moved in/out of the DSG with no penalty.
- A DSG can be upgraded. NO ETF will apply for upgrading a DSG but a new Minimum Term starts.
- A DSG can be used for single organizations such as Fleet, a Government body or Corporation. Not to be used accross multiple end users or organisations.
US Local Number
The US Local Number option provides a US (+1) phone number that is linked directly to your satellite phone, allowing the PSTN caller to be charged at International Call rates rather than the high charges for calling the 8816 Iridium code direct. The caller pays for the standard international call to the +1 number, the Iridium account holder pays the satellite portion, charged at the rate above.
Monthly and annual plans are billed from the 1st day of each month to the last day of the month. Any activation days before the 1st will be pro-rated. All cancellations require 30 days written notice by email to email@example.com. Postpaid plans will automatically renew once your initial subscription period ends. A valid credit card is required for monthly subscription and overages. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Iridium Global Coverage Map
Iridium delivers essential communications services to and from remote areas where no other form of communication is available. Powered by a uniquely sophisticated global constellation of 66 cross-linked Low-Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites, the Iridium® network provides high-quality voice and data connections over the planet’s entire surface, including across airways, oceans, and polar regions. Together with its ecosystem of partner companies, Iridium delivers an innovative and rich portfolio of reliable solutions for markets that require truly global communications.
At only 780 kilometers from the Earth, the proximity of Iridium’s LEO network means pole-to-pole coverage, a shorter transmission path, stronger signals, lower latency, and shorter registration time than with GEO satellites. In space, each Iridium satellite is linked to up to four others creating a dynamic network that routes traffic among satellites to ensure global coverage, even where traditional local systems are unavailable.
tags | iridium plans, iridium subscription